Tax and Estate Planning Links
• California Probate Code
• Statutory Attorney Fee for Probate
• What happens to my estate if I have no Will or Estate Plan?
• Estate Planning Answers from The American Bar Association
• Internal Revenue Service
• Internal Revenue Code
• California Franchise Tax Board
• Help with California Taxes
• California Codes
• Superior Court of California, County of Orange
• Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
• Superior Court of California, County of Riverside
• Superior Court of California, County of San Bernardino
• Superior Court of California, County of San Diego
• California Courts
• The State Bar of California
• American Bar Association
• Orange County Bar Association
• Los Angeles County Bar Association
• www.missingmoney.com or http://www.unclaimed.org – Affiliated with the National Association of State Treasuries & National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators.
• http://www.sco.ca.gov/upd.html – Unclaimed property in California
• www.unclaimedretirementbenefits.com – Lost 401(k) plans
• www.askebsa.dol.gov/abandonedplansearch – For an abandoned plan
• www.missingmoney.com – If you think a deceased had a life insurance policy
• www.finra.org/brokercheck and www.smartcheck.gov – Shows you employment history, certifications, licenses, and any violations for brokers and investment advisors.
• www.treasurydirect.gov – Information on any type of government bond.
Healthcare and Elder Law Programs Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to empowering older adults and their families by providing impartial information, education and counseling on elder care, law, finances and consumer protection so they may lead lives with security and dignity.
We use the power of law and our expertise in government safety net programs like Medicare, Social Security, Medicaid, and SSI to fight senior poverty. We engage in three main arenas to protect the rights of poor seniors and strengthen the programs they rely on: Administrative Advocacy, providing expertise and resources to direct service advocates, and litigation.
The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys was founded in 1987 as a professional association of attorneys who are dedicated to improving the quality of legal services provided to people as they age and people with special needs. The NAELA membership is comprised of attorneys in the private and public sectors who deal with legal issues affecting people as they age and people with disabilities. Attorney search by zip code.
Since 1983, California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform (CANHR), a statewide nonprofit 501(c)(3) advocacy organization, has been dedicated to improving the choices, care and quality of life for California’s long term care consumers.
Caring Advocates’ clinical, legal, and pastoral professionals are dedicated to helping people attain peaceful and timely transitions. Our Plan Now, Die Later™ strategic approach to Advance Care Planning effectively reduces prolonged suffering. Confidence that others will honor their wishes lets patients decide to live longer.
Aging Life Care Professionals™ (also known as geriatric care managers) have varied educational and professional backgrounds with a specialized focus on issues associated with aging and disabilities. Through consultation, assessment, care coordination and advocacy, an Aging Life Care Professional works with clients and families to address these challenges.
The HeartWay provides an integrative approach to the healing of body, mind, and spirit for those confronting a life-threatening illness, critical lifestyle change, or finding themselves caring for someone with a critical illness before, during, and after death.
Final Exit Network is a volunteer organization serving members in all 50 states who are suffering from intolerable medical circumstances, are mentally competent, want to end their lives, and meet our official, written criteria. Those conditions include cancer, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease), Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, emphysema, congestive heart failure, stroke, AIDS, and many other lesser-known but serious, frequently lengthy ailments. We offer the most current information known for self-deliverance when the member is ready to choose. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the person’s decision is voluntary and repeatedly stated.